Tuesday, February 26, 2013

work space.


Our flat is tiny. You couldn't even get away with calling it 'cozy'. We adore it, and the location cannot be beat, but it does mean that we have to get creative with our kitchen-dining-sitting-room-and-office all in one. Storage space is always at a premium, and the Davsters and I share a desk for both of our self-employed (and often more recreational) endeavours.

Up until a while ago, our desk looked like this: 



Now, I use "our" in the loosest sense of the word. And by that I mean I mostly worked at the kitchen table, and when it was time for meals I would politely try to carve out enough space to let my 13" macbook lay flat on the desk. As a writer, I know I have far less gear than Davi does as a composer and sound engineer. I mean, it would be a pain to be moving those speakers back and forth from the kitchen table everyday. 

However, now that Davi's moved his work into his very own studio space (can we take a second and admire how cool that sentence sounds), I am able to claim back my part of the desk. 











There's nothing like an organized desk to make a girl want to sit down and write. Or, you know, look through new chocolate cake recipes.

(also, I recently got my closet back, which used to look like this)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

sparkle and wander | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012