Tuesday, March 12, 2013

he's still got it. he never lost it.

For anyone who doesn't know me, it's important for you to know: I have an unhealthy obsession with David Bowie.

Like, properly unhealthy. 

Like, I've loved him since I was 14 (and he was 54. think about that one).

Like, loved him loved him.

Like, when other girls my age were drawing hearts around pics of Usher and The Backstreet Boys (or someone, I don't know), I was obsessing over photos like this (those eyes, that make up... *swoon*)

Like, the Davsters knows I love him more that I thought I would ever love anyone...except David Bowie. He has settled for a (close) second. 

... ok, I jest with that one, but it's nearly too close to call. And Davster knows that if Mr. Bowie were to ever leave his super gorgeous and talented super model wife (which could totally happen, right?), I will be out the door faster than you could say 'The Thin White Duke'.

For now I have to satisfy my Bowie-love by drooling over his new album, released this week: The Next Day. Have you heard the first two singles? 

I have a few choice words for you: 

Stunning
Raw
Haunting 
Brilliant

... and two more: Tilda. Swinton.

Seriously, all you young musicians out there, take note. I would be a little less worried for humanity if all music had this level of passion, thoughtfulness, insight and purpose.

<3




...by the way, the person play Bowie's younger self is this Norwegian model. Eerie, much?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

sparkle and wander | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012