Monday, June 3, 2013

homemade peanut butter cups.

Does anyone remember those Reese's Peanut Butter Cup commercials? The ones where the lunch lady is trying to recreate a pb cup however, in trying to slather a block of chocolate with no name pb, ends up looking quite the fool?

Loved them.

They also convinced me that fairies and unicorns made these heavenly sweets in their secret magical rainbow factory, and that I could never hope to learn their magical secrets.

Silly me.

There's a recipe from this lovely lady's blog that I've adapted from almond to peanut (cause I just can't help myself). The trick is to mix the peanut butter (or almond butter, or any nut butter) with a touch of honey and icing sugar first to help it 'seize up', this it's easier to roll and has that slightly chalkier texture. The Davsters loves milk chocolate, so while I'm a sucker for dark chocolate, we mix it up sometimes. No matter what chocolate you use, make sure it's really good quality. That matters.

Man, I can eat these babies ten at a time.













1 comment:

 

sparkle and wander | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012