Monday, May 13, 2013

major tom.


So I know I've been completely absent lately. I was busy battling the infuriating Irish weather and entertaining my brother and sister in law last week. Also, I'm a slacker. 

However, I thought I would pop on to say goodbye (and I suppose an earthly welcome home) to Col. Chris Hadfield. This man has been a boon to NASA's PR, and captured the hearts of millions. He has let us view ourselves from orbit, and made this girl fall in love with space again. His sense of wonder is, I think, unmatched here on earth.

And he sings David Bowie in zero gravity. And he has a killer moustache. 

Canadian of the year in my book. Safe home, Col. Earth is here, waiting for you. 

















If you didn't catch the live stream of the transfer of command don't worry, neither did I. Check it out here


pictured: Toronto, ON, my home. from Col. Chris Hadfield's facebook page. Also, check out his tumblr, it's truly amazing. 

1 comment:

 

sparkle and wander | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012